KBEM and MN/DOT
Michael F. Stemper
2016-05-14 15:24:53 UTC
Since roughly 1988, KBEM-FM has had traffic reports every ten minutes,
live from MN/DOT's RTMC (originally, "TMC"). Until about two months ago,
the chief traffic reporter was Mike Moran. Then, he just disappeared.
After five or six weeks, a new guy (Dan Larkin, IIRC) started.

There was never any word as to what happened to Mike Moran, and I
was unable to find anything with multiple web searches.

Does anybody here know if he quit, died, retired, was fired, or what?
--
Michael F. Stemper
A preposition is something you should never end a sentence with.
Mark Olson
2016-05-15 12:58:06 UTC
Post by Michael F. Stemper
Since roughly 1988, KBEM-FM has had traffic reports every ten minutes,
live from MN/DOT's RTMC (originally, "TMC"). Until about two months ago,
the chief traffic reporter was Mike Moran. Then, he just disappeared.
After five or six weeks, a new guy (Dan Larkin, IIRC) started.
There was never any word as to what happened to Mike Moran, and I
was unable to find anything with multiple web searches.
Does anybody here know if he quit, died, retired, was fired, or what?
I don't know, but you might have better luck searching using the
correct spelling of Mike's name.

http://www.newsline.dot.state.mn.us/archive/14/May/14.html
Michael F. Stemper
2016-05-15 15:51:53 UTC
Post by Mark Olson
Post by Michael F. Stemper
Since roughly 1988, KBEM-FM has had traffic reports every ten minutes,
live from MN/DOT's RTMC (originally, "TMC"). Until about two months ago,
the chief traffic reporter was Mike Moran. Then, he just disappeared.
After five or six weeks, a new guy (Dan Larkin, IIRC) started.
There was never any word as to what happened to Mike Moran, and I
was unable to find anything with multiple web searches.
Does anybody here know if he quit, died, retired, was fired, or what?
I don't know, but you might have better luck searching using the
correct spelling of Mike's name.
http://www.newsline.dot.state.mn.us/archive/14/May/14.html
That would help, I suppose. That's the problem with radio, it doesn't
convey spelling.

Thanks.
--
Michael F. Stemper
The name of the story is "A Sound of Thunder".\