Dennis Worre - Jesus People Church - Advice Needed.
Professor Freshwaters
2006-04-03 00:19:42 UTC
I discovered that Dennis Worre, the one-time pastor of the Jesus People
Church is trying
to get the church going again.

Can you recommend Dennis and this church from your own experience?

Thanks,

Professor
LJ
2006-04-03 03:59:33 UTC
Post by Professor Freshwaters
I discovered that Dennis Worre, the one-time pastor of the Jesus People
Church is trying
to get the church going again.
Can you recommend Dennis and this church from your own experience?
Thanks,
Professor
Smells like bait to me. Lemme go through the checklist:
-have I ever seen this poster before, No
-does it involve something with a potential to be inflamatory, Yes
-is there any way a rational person would ask strangers they kno nothing
about for their opinions on this topic, No
-does the return email look suspiciously anonymous, Yes
-is there any way that any possible answer would be of any help, probably
not

Yup, there's a 99.6% liklihood that this is a bait
Professor Freshwaters
2006-04-03 15:02:17 UTC
Nope.
Spartakus
2006-04-03 17:33:40 UTC
Post by Professor Freshwaters
I discovered that Dennis Worre, the one-time pastor of the Jesus People
Church is trying to get the church going again.
Can you recommend Dennis and this church from your own experience?
Is this the same Dennis Worre who was accused of having sex with
several female members of his church several years ago?
Professor Freshwaters
2006-04-04 01:15:04 UTC
Dennis Worre and his new church: http://www.jpfamily.org/

Do you have any knowledge of what happened with his first church?

I am considering a visit to his new church. What happened in his old
church?
WDS
2006-04-04 13:07:54 UTC
Post by Professor Freshwaters
Dennis Worre and his new church: http://www.jpfamily.org/
Do you have any knowledge of what happened with his first church?
I am considering a visit to his new church. What happened in his old
church?
http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/3/14551.html?1141293271

"Years later after the church broke up becuase it was discovered that
one of the Senior Co-pastors, Dennis Worre
http://www.jpfamily.org/welcome.html had sex with over 15 women -- some
missionary wives no less! -- the youth pastor Bob Whitsel was
discovered to be committing adultery with 2 girls in his youth ministry
on an ongoing basis. The newspaper article said he prefaced each
session of sexual intercourse with prayer so as to maintain his
authority over these girls. Simultaneously, he would rage against us in
his youth ministry if we somehow disobeyed our committment to our
responsibilities."
S. Smith
2006-04-04 13:57:21 UTC
On 2 Apr 2006 17:19:36 -0700, "Professor Freshwaters"
Post by Professor Freshwaters
I discovered that Dennis Worre, the one-time pastor of the Jesus People
Church is trying to get the church going again.
Can you recommend Dennis and this church from your own experience?
Back in high school in the early 80's, I had a friend who became
involved with the Jesus People Church in downtown Minneapolis.
I even attended a "worship session" at the church downtown with
him after he asked me to check it out (I attended church, synagogue,
"worship", etc. with several friends in high school, mainly out of
curiosity). I found the Jesus People Church session to be more than
a little bizarre. There were people "speaking in tongues", "spiritual
healing", etc. It had a very evangelical revival feel to it. They
also had a very pushy "youth outreach" thing going on, with a lot of
younger followers who were aggressively encouraged to bring
more friends into the group. I thought it had a very cultish
feel to it, much more so than any other church I had experienced.

Based on that experience, and what some of the others are posting
here about the sexual misconduct that came out of that group, I
would recommend staying away from them and looking for a more
established and reputable place of worship.

- Scott Smith: ***@sludgereport.org
Books Blog: http://scottsbooks.blogspot.com
Blue States Rising: http://www.bluestaterising.blogspot.com
w***@yahoo.com
2006-04-04 14:27:51 UTC
visit the site: http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/jpcsurvivors

there are discussions going on there right at the moment from people
regarding Mr. Dennis Worre and his starting of a new church. Most are
against him because of the fact that he had "relations" with over 20
women in the church--although 300 women had accused him--he admitted to
only 20. I believe that time has passed and its okay for him to start a
new church up--although many believe that the "molesting" and the
touching will start again by him.
Professor
Howard Beale
2006-04-04 15:06:35 UTC
Post by S. Smith
Back in high school in the early 80's, I had a friend who became
involved with the Jesus People Church in downtown Minneapolis.
I even attended a "worship session" at the church downtown with
him after he asked me to check it out (I attended church, synagogue,
"worship", etc. with several friends in high school, mainly out of
curiosity). I found the Jesus People Church session to be more than
a little bizarre. There were people "speaking in tongues", "spiritual
I'm always fascinated when people describe non-mainstream religious
practices as bizarre, but don't consider the mainstream practice of eating
the
flesh and drinking the blood of their diety as the ne plus ultra of weird.
S. Smith
2006-04-04 15:39:47 UTC
On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 10:06:35 -0500, "Howard Beale"
Post by Howard Beale
Post by S. Smith
Back in high school in the early 80's, I had a friend who became
involved with the Jesus People Church in downtown Minneapolis.
I even attended a "worship session" at the church downtown with
him after he asked me to check it out (I attended church, synagogue,
"worship", etc. with several friends in high school, mainly out of
curiosity). I found the Jesus People Church session to be more than
a little bizarre. There were people "speaking in tongues", "spiritual
I'm always fascinated when people describe non-mainstream religious
practices as bizarre, but don't consider the mainstream practice of eating
the flesh and drinking the blood of their diety as the ne plus ultra of weird.
Oh, I definitely find most organized religions to be a bit bizarre.
I just found the Jesus People Church session I attended to
be *more than a little" bizarre. Of course, I find the whole
"born again" and "evangelical" stuff to be *more than a
little* bizarre.

In general I think all organized religions are bizarre, it's
just a matter of degrees, IMO.

S. Smith
2006-04-04 16:02:05 UTC
Post by WDS
[...]
Why is it that so many pious religious moralists seem to frequently
be creepy sexual predators as well?

Is it because the psychosis of religion also lends itself to opening
up other mental disorders?

Has anyone ever done a good study of this?

S. Smith
2006-04-04 18:09:03 UTC
On 3 Apr 2006 18:14:59 -0700, "Professor Freshwaters"
Post by Professor Freshwaters
Dennis Worre and his new church: http://www.jpfamily.org/
Do you have any knowledge of what happened with his first church?
I am considering a visit to his new church. What happened in his old
church?
Based on Worre's "Welcome" on their Web site:

"We believe God wants our new church to reach out with love to
the lost, to the hurting, the disconnected"

It sounds like he may be trying to prey (pardon the pun) on the
weak and impressionable again.

WDS
2006-04-04 18:47:21 UTC
Post by S. Smith
Post by WDS
[...]
No, they are using the position of authority that being a religious
"figure" grants them. They would (and do) use other leadership
ositions, too, but going the religious figure route is easier.
S. Smith
2006-04-04 19:06:10 UTC
Post by WDS
Post by S. Smith
Post by WDS
[...]
More opportunity for impressionable and weak people to prey on?

Craig A. Finseth
2006-04-04 21:51:09 UTC
Post by Howard Beale
I'm always fascinated when people describe non-mainstream religious
practices as bizarre, but don't consider the mainstream practice of eating
the
flesh and drinking the blood of their diety as the ne plus ultra of weird.
Bizarre: (noun) other people's religious practices.

Many (:-)s.

Craig
Professor Freshwaters
2006-04-05 00:29:23 UTC
Radio Station KKMS, AM 980, is currently broadcasting Dennis Worre's
radio program. It's on every week night at 9:30 PM.

Check it out: http://www.kkms.com/programschedule.asp

Is KKMS desparate for programming? KKMS claims to be a christian
station. Why do they have Dennis
Worre on the schedule?
Professor Freshwaters
2006-04-05 04:18:57 UTC
I heard a lot about the JP church about 20 years ago and I even
saw "Scrooge" once. I have relatives who were members and even now
they are in contact with Worre. My relatives want me to visit the
new JP church.

My specific questions are:

Did Dennis ever graduate from a "real" seminary or is "Pastor" a
title that was given to him by whom?

Is Dennis a recovering alchoholic?

How many women did Dennis have sex with while being the pastor at
the JP Church?

Did Dennis ever have sex with missionary's wives?

Did co-pastor Vann die of drug abuse? When?

How many ladies did Whitesel have sex with?

What other items such as lawsuits, etc was JPC involved with?

Anything else I should know about his ministry that would help me in
making a decision?

I need this info so that I can decide about visiting his church.

"Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

Thank you.
S. Smith
2006-04-05 10:47:35 UTC
Post by Professor Freshwaters
I heard a lot about the JP church about 20 years ago and I even
saw "Scrooge" once. I have relatives who were members and even now
they are in contact with Worre. My relatives want me to visit the
new JP church.
Did Dennis ever graduate from a "real" seminary or is "Pastor" a
title that was given to him by whom?
Is Dennis a recovering alchoholic?
How many women did Dennis have sex with while being the pastor at
the JP Church?
Did Dennis ever have sex with missionary's wives?
Did co-pastor Vann die of drug abuse? When?
How many ladies did Whitesel have sex with?
What other items such as lawsuits, etc was JPC involved with?
LOL

Is this a church we're talking about here, or a professional ball team? ;-)

- Scott Smith: ***@sludgereport.org
Book Blog: http://scottsbooks.blogspot.com
Blue States Rising: http://www.bluestaterising.blogspot.com
Professor Freshwaters
2006-04-05 23:56:18 UTC
Who are these people that go to JP family center anyway? Why would
anyone go there?

They are Worre Apologists. Seems he can "hook" them. They tell me
that Dennis deserves another chance.

Who are they? This is a small town and some of them are my shirt
tail relatives.

I'm doing a lot of online research about Worre and I will print it
out and lay it on them. Thanks for the help so far. If you know of
any other resources or URL's that could help me compile the history
of this cult then please let me know. Old newspaper clippings and
first hand testimony is the strongest evidence.

I am amazed that Worre, Bill Clinton, and Jim Bakker are walking
around free and clear and that their respective fan clubs are blind,
intentionally blind. These three seem to gain an unreasonable hold
over some people.

Worre is trying to pick up a fresh batch of victims and I would not
like to see that happen.

The truth about Worre and the JPC? Tell me where to find it and I
will make certain that people learn of it.
LJ
2006-04-06 01:03:36 UTC
[...]
So as I said, bait. You asked a question that you already knew the answer
to in order to start a rant about an abusive minister that you already have
all the information you're ever going to need. Sure that are predatory
pastors that abuse their position just as there are coaches, teachers,
bosses, coaches, politicians and HSA press secreataries. Why don't you do
some research on them or are you just pissed at Dennis because he slept with
your mom

Page 1 of 2